Thursday 9 November 2017

MY stroke of independence..

I decided to seperate confidence and independence up because well, they’re two different things
*duh*

My independence came from being comfortable in my own skin, being allowed to enter the REAL world and be myself, letting my hair down and just spreading my wings..

Independence after a stroke is so difficult to regain, I lost the use of my left side, and I’ve only just learnt how to open a bloody jar..
‘Urm Liam, can you open the jam please?!’

Also child lock on bleach and stuff... literally impossible!

Independence is doing things on your own, like, going to the toilet..
*remember that blog post where my mum had to hold me on the toilet in hospital?*..
I try and forget that aswell don’t worry ;)

Independence..

My independence came from being independent enough to say ‘no, do you know what, I won’t take those tablets because I take enough!’

Independence..

I learnt how to be independent through people; coming and going, hurting me without knowing and  treating me with no respect..

But I thankyou

Because now I am independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment