Monday 27 April 2015

I'm different but I'm still me

I get funny looks a lot, because I have a thick plastic splint on my leg, that you can see through my trousers, 

Because if I don't hold my arm my clenched fist sticks out, scaring people until they look at it and look confused

Because when I talk half my face is slower than the other 

Because when I eat food I can only use one arm 


Im stilll the same Lizzie and I'm still the same as everyone else, I just need to take my disability into account before anything else; checking I'm safe, checking I have everything I'll need, checking I'm comfortable enough to walk for a whole day, checking that I don't slurr my words when I talk.. 
Checking I have all the medication I need for the day that's ahead of me... 


I've fought far to much to let anything affect how far I've come. I've fought battles I never thought I would fight, but it's helped me become who I am today and given me a peice of mind that there is reasons to try at whatever life throws at you... 
Illness, health, courage, determination, upset, heartbreak and so on... 




In still the same Lizzie you knew, I'm just living life in a slower more cautious pace than the rest of the world 

No comments:

Post a Comment