Friday 3 April 2015

Let me go...

After a brain injury you're so impatient that you want everything done when you're ready.. 

You're timings have to be planned, you can't wait around or you get bored and frustrated, you plan everything you've got to; do, buy and so on... 


I was always impatient but I'd say since my stroke im much worse.. 



The main purpose of this blog is to point out that I'm ready to grow up, I'm an adult, just a slightly affected adult, I want to grow old and grow up, not with my stroke but in a way that I'm comfortable with.. 
I get treated like I'm 12, no one respects when you're ready because they assume it's your brain saying the wrong thing.
No one understands how you feel when you're willing to beat a goal or do something for the 'first time' they try to stop you, asif you're brains playing up until you have to physically say 'NO, I'm ready! I want to do it.. I can do it' 
Then they assume you're angry,

You try so hard to sound normal and like an adult but your brain stops you..
You wouldn't be human if you didn't make mistakes either; going out with a dickhead, drinking to much, doing drugs, smoking to much ect... 


One of the hardest moments since my stroke is telling my mum to 'let go';
'Mum I know you've cared for me since I was a baby I know I've suffered a major brain injury that's affected a lot and I respect you'll always care mainly because of my illnesses but it's time you let me go...'


I can't understand the pain she feels as I haven't got a child, but I can imagine the feeling as I had to let go of my old life in order to start my new one... 


No comments:

Post a Comment