Thursday 2 April 2015

Using my left hand for the first time

You know the saying 'that feeling you get when you see your food coming in a resturant' mine was..
The feeling you get when you're in the last lesson at school before lunchtime...


I tried the saeboflex (hand movement device) for stroke patients and the feeling I got when I was asked to grip and ball and move it to the box (opening gripping and using my arm) was the best feeling I've ever had..

My thumbs to small for the device to be used at the moment but he's ordering me a new one and I'm going to religiously use it because to have that feeling everyday for the rest of my life would make me happier than when I was coming home from hospital...

I wanted to cry but my physio is a new physio I've recently discovered and he'd probably be confused... 


'Don't get your hopes up baby'
I won't but that feeling to just pick something up with the movement of my arm and hand was too good to not expect anything more than my hand coming back 


No comments:

Post a Comment