Wednesday 4 October 2017

Bring ME back to life!

As my friends and family know,
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY (I’m 24 and getting old, as is my brain)


But something I’ve always felt like and thought about is my left side ‘coming back to life’

My blog is about honesty and how I’m coping living and ‘recovering..’ so I wanted to share this with all you lovely readers!

When I first learnt to walk I’ve already said many times I used to ask my mum
‘How long did it take me to learn to walk when I was a baby?’

Right now I can’t;
Functionally use my hand
My ankle
And I live with a serious brain injury (I know this is a life long thing, but I’m cool with that)

So I guess for a ‘stroke survivor’ (I hate the word survivor it just seems so critical) you could say I’m actually recovering pretty well considering the situation I was in three years ago..

‘Bring me back to life!’

If I’m honest I’d much rather my ankle cane back because this bloody splint is so uncomfortable and people stare more at that, but I do wake up on every birthday with the wish that my hand and ankle came back ( I know that recovery is about training the brain) and lets me totally honest the only exercise and things I do to recover more is walk smile and try to be positive..

Obviously today is another day, not of upset and hurt because I haven’t magically and functionally recovered because that’s ridiculous and impossible *Lizzie, you’re to bloody lazy!*
BUT

ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

keep calm and carry on..

It’s about what you CAN do, not what you can’t..

No comments:

Post a Comment