Friday 27 October 2017

Recovery..

You get the 6/12 week physiotherapy
Perhaps a few sheets of exercises that are photocopied and you can’t actually do..

Recovery from a stroke is draining
the affects from training your brain are tiring because everything you're doing is connecting new pathways but reconnecting the old ones
*if that makes sense*...
They'll always stay damaged (I like to assume and picture them as if they are really squishy)..

recovery..

I never write or talk about recovery because recovery is something I assume you just notice; through my blogs, my personality and to those who know me; my appearance.

recovery..

from a stroke its all about the paralysis if you're unfortunate enough to go through the experience of paralysis.. my stroke affected my whole left side..

I constantly smile at myself through my selfie screen on my phone to check if my droop has improved (massive problem at first)..
I constantly try to move my hand to open it because the tone is really tight
I struggle to bend my knee as its really weak but thats always been a problem
I am still slow on my feet because I have quite poor balance

recovery..

no one asks how recovery is going, because once you're out of hospital and 'walking' they assume  you're 'back to normal' but you're not.

you're still struggling

with no physiotherapy and no occupational therapy..

Just you
and your
But I am recovering fine, thanks for never asking :)
recovery..

No comments:

Post a Comment