Thursday 26 October 2017

What is normal?

“Striving to preserve identity”
The other day I had an interview with radio one and they asked
“So, are you back to 100% normality?”..


What is normal?
Why do we try so hard to be normal?

As stroke ‘survivors’ our brain is damaged; everyone’s is damaged in  different ways and places to the point where they  can’t process their feelings  or emotions and they will aim to be someone they are never going to be..
Again..

Is that a good thing?

For me?
Yes.

I never accepted this, I tried SO. Hard to be ‘normal’

What is this normal that we assume is so normal?

I had people breathing down my neck telling me I wasn’t ‘walking properly’ I ‘wasnt like I was before’  people that I thought loved me and assumed always would. But we’re only there to damage me even more than before..

We are damaging our brains (even those who haven’t suffered brain injuries trying to be this version of ‘normal’) because

What the f*ck is normal?..

Who is judging us?

Who are we letting define us?..


No comments:

Post a Comment