Thursday 19 October 2017

Drop foot

You’re the reason I wear a  support around my ankle which makes people stare
You’re the reason I walk slower without the support, so I don’t fall

Drop foot..

No one knows I have you because I hide you quite well..
You’re difficult to ‘train’ because you’re such a complex part of my brain (like my hand)

Drop foot..

You’re the reason I fall sideways instead of straight in front of myself
You’re the reason I have scars on my leg due to my splint cutting my ankle and shin from the early days of trying to tighten you so much

I assumed that if I pulled the straps that assisted my ankle would bring my ankle back

People stare, they’ll look down then look up because they notice that I’ve noticed them looking..
That’s a confidence knock

Drop foot..

No comments:

Post a Comment