Wednesday 4 October 2017

Inside MY skull..

I  write the titles of my posts in capitals because I want you to think;
COR BLIMEY THATS IMPORTANT
This blog is MY recovery and how I cope..
I talk about ‘other stroke survivors’ And aim to almost explain and help them to cope with their brain injuries..

How do I explain MY disability?
My brain injury, it’s so hard to explain and to be honest I shouldn’t have too.. but the reality of life is that no one really knows the ‘symptoms of stroke’ you watch the FAST advert and yes it is ‘helpful’ for the outside views..


Inside the skull
The brain is slowly ‘dying’ slowly struggling to cope with the disaster that yes is happening on the outside..

I’ve recently been talking about MY epilepsy as that’s part of my brain injury, it’s a massive struggle, I have to explain to; friends, tutors, my family and everyone how to ‘deal with me’ and what actually happens, because they need to know..

‘It’s like a fire in the brain’..

My brain injury
I explain my brain to mainly tutors at university as they’re the main people who need to know, I mean ‘they deal with me..’ and how guilty would they feel if they couldn’t and didn’t help?.. because they didn’t know what to do.

The Reality
Yes it would be my fault because it is hard to explain, explaining with the actual brain injury? I mean, I can’t even remember to lock the door.. how do I explain what’s going on in my head

My crazy little head...
Spinning
Turning
Confused
Disorientated
Struggling at times..

But staying strong
And accepting that YES I have a disability

For life..

No comments:

Post a Comment