Monday 2 October 2017

MY funny memories..

In my eyes..

'The lighter side of stroke'

Memories last a life time..
Obviously my stroke and the stroke ward will ..

ridiculously small 
And so will the memory of being shown a tiny red copy of a car (imagine the ones children can go on at amusement park) honestly it was ridiculous, 'right Elizabeth let's teach you how to get in and out of a car' *for starters I don't drive and also it was tiny!* 
I started laughing yesterday because the memory of just seeing this car was hilarious.. everyday at physiotherapy in the gym I watched elderly patients attempt to climb in and out of it, (not laughing at them) but laughing at how ridiculous the fact it genuinely was nowhere near the size of ANY car.. 

'Fuuuuuuck'
(Excuse the language or 'french' as people say, but it's necessary for this..) 

I remember vaguely when I was in the actual stroke ward all strapped up to beeping machines, hearing some random shouting noise.. obviously I was terrified but having someone randomly shouting 'fuck fuck fuck' is quite funny.. especially when you feel exactly the same.. 'fuuuuuuck' but you can't scream it because you already feel stupid.


Lazy
You become so lazy, you assume that everything you need done will just be done for you, 'can you open this please?' *something I could do..* obviously the response of 'no you can bloody do it!' (Urgh) you're so used to everyone doing everything for you then it STOPS.. great. 


The aftermath 

Coming home isn't easy but oh my god it's SO exciting (you're escaping the crazy lady screaming fuck numerous times) It's actually when you realise your  disability is real and everything becomes a little bit more difficult;

The knee
It snaps forwards but I cope, ill be walking and it'll just 'snap forwards' just a hyper extension but in front.

Spreading
You're given a bit of 'sticky stuff' which is MEANT to hold down appliances to stop them sliding around and let you spread bread and stuff easier, my toast loves the floor! *there is a 3 second rule though?*..


Excuses..
'Mum I've got a brain injury and bad memory I have an excuse!' This is so good when you constantly ask the same question 'when are we getting the train again?' Possibly asked 10 times.. I don't use it a lot but when Liam or my mum reply 'YOUVE ASKED THIS!' I simply reply with 'yeah but I've got a brain injury and memory problems..' *silence occurs..* 

Queue jump
Obviously I don't jump but when it comes to being 'known in boots' for having so much medication they call me to the front.. 
*stares from everyone waiting*..

Disability unknown
Putting people in their place 'YOU CAN'T SIT HERE!' yeah alright you're not Gretchen from mean girls.. younger people can have disabilities and I'm allowed to sit here on this bus.. 




Positivity 
I can get in ACTUAL SIZE cars
I can spread without my toast flying around 
I dont always queue jump
My knee is safe & I can walk..  




No comments:

Post a Comment