Friday 13 October 2017

YOUNG and disabled.

what is your definition of disabled?

no seriously?..


This is due to recently being asked to move out of a chair because I 'wasn't press' by Tracey Emin's brother..
Before this I was given looks by older people throughout the speech as I was sitting down, I wasn't able to stand because I was really tired ( Fatigue).
and this made me feel really uncomfortable..


"Why are you sitting there!?!?"
"She's disabled she can't stand"


I don't have a walking stick -  anymore
I am no longer in a wheelchair
I am no longer being assisted by someone when I'm 'out and about'

but I am disabled..

I cannot use my arm
my balance is awful
my brain is damaged
I suffer from epilepsy
I wear a splint that helps me to walk

I am disabled..

If I was older, would you stop me to ask 'if I needed that seat?' if I 'needed to use the lift?'

because thats what happens..
Its uncomfortable, not only living with a disability but being discriminated against
because of my age.

Younger people can be disabled.

I count myself as 'lucky' because I could and was much worse than I am now..

I cannot confront you to argue my 'case' why should I have to?
why should I embarrass myself by explaining my 'story' to you, just to make myself happy and be able to sit down..

I am disabled..




No comments:

Post a Comment