Monday 9 October 2017

Just a doctor..

This is a blog post explaining how I feel after every doctors appointment or ‘consultant’

To you it’s a job you see hundreds of people a year, probably a month..

But you don’t and never will understand the struggle;

Yes I’ll take the medication you’ve just written on a green slip to ‘pick up from the local pharmacy’
But don’t tell me the side affects and expect me to be ‘excited it’s going to possibly help’

You just sit in a chair waiting for the next patient


The anxiety rushes through me as I sit there waiting for you to explain and write on a piece of paper, to be throw into a cabinet of paperwork no one reads..

‘Oh let me check your notes quickly’..


You don’t see the bad days, the days where everything is a blur but I need to carry on, not for me but everyone else..
Why?
Because otherwise I’m a failure.



No comments:

Post a Comment