Friday 27 February 2015

Learning to let go

I feel like naming this blog post after something I've spent every single day since my stroke doing..

It's working, slowly... Infact 
S l o w l y . . . 
But nothing worth waiting for comes to you quickly, as you see on those 'relationship quotes' usually posted by someone who's sick of being single & needs a man in their life. 

My learning to let go is about how I'm letting go of my stroke slowly, why? 
Because I don't want it to define me, nor do I need it to be all I have to talk about;
When I see people 
When I walk to shops & feel intimidated by stares of curious/nosey humans 

When I have my splint sticking up over my boots (I try to hide it to not get stared at) but again... What happens will happen. 


Most nights I try to clear my mind to the point of actual exhaustion; forget the stares, forget everyone, think of yourself, be selfish, appreciate your life, good things come to those who wait... 

I need to learn to let go aswell of teaching my brain how to learn (fuck)
How?! 
Yano I wish there was a huge book that just expressed every emotion every day and exactly how I feel... Just to know I'm not alone. 

I have amazing friends, family and an amazing boyfriend but everyone has down moments even people who don't struggle to walk, talk, think, remember, move, stand, laugh, swallow... 

But it's the ones who can get on with daily life & hide how they really feel deep down that are strong... 
I think. 

And I hope you do too ( otherwise this post has tired me out for nothing) 


No comments:

Post a Comment