Monday 2 February 2015

Hello distant friend

Today I challenged myself to something that I struggled to do under a year ago, I have to go upstairs to my physio at the hospital.. 
I saw the stairs and reminded myself of how much I struggled with them when I was in hospital.. I remembered the puffs of breaths is have to take everytime I stepped up one step and the crying I did when I reached the first flight ( feeling exhausted and unable to physically step up anymore steps) 

The crying I did when I reached the top and how I grabbed my family and physio repeatedly saying 'I DID IT!!!' the smile on my face when my late night visitors came to see me 'I climbed my first flight of stairs!!! Mum we don't need to move to a bungalow, I fucking did it!!!' 

So this was my goal and today I managed to do it twice... The joy of refusing the get the lift down when I knew I could walk down them and the thrill it gave me made me feel so happy I could cry. 
I love how good I feel after achieving something that I couldn't nearly a year ago now.. 
The joy the tears and the happiness it gave me, that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you achieve something you've aimed for. 
So I did it.. Not only once but twice and I feel amazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment