Saturday 21 February 2015

My distant blurred world


The world seems smaller & more compact.. 

I walk through town hearing the bustling of people trying to reach their destination, pushing past and walking fast.
Speeding up to reach their goal, 
You can hear their voices but not process their words, you try to take it in
*oh that conversation sounds interesting, I'll try and listen, repeat, repeat*
In my head, but then two minutes later it's gone.. 
Where? Who knows.. 

They stare at you and you aim to see a face you recognise, but never do, it's like everyone's avoiding life.. Avoiding the real world.. 

As I sat waiting for my mum in a pub I heard the most amazing quote said to a friend by a girl probably my age.. 
'You do have something special to live for so you can't get through it, there is a reason to beat it'
It fitted perfectly to how I felt at that point; confused, tired, aching but still happy.. 

You get barged and shoved by faces you'll never see again but it's only for that split second. 
Then it's gone.. Gone away,
But the feeling of despair and unknowing if you looked odd stays.. 

That's my blurred distant world 

No comments:

Post a Comment