Sunday 21 December 2014

Getting in the Christmas spirit

So every Christmas id wake up extra early and run down the stairs to open my presents even at the age of 19 if still do this, but now what do I do? 
I've decided to slowly walk downstairs and open them Infact that's a lie, me and dan are opening them in my bed so we can rest aswell. I think I'm more excited about waking up with my boyfriend than I am to open my presents. Mainly because I haven't asked for anything accept 'a new arm please' just as a joke so I know my wish won't come true, and I'll probably recieve loads of presents that remind me I've had a stroke (from my dad and that side) as I hardly see them, I literally can't think of anything worse than having to pretend I'm really happy to recieve a book or something on 'stroke recovery' lol. 
I know it's about the festive spirit and just being around family but when you only get one day a year to see family and open gifts from them, but when a nurse tells you 'don't let the stroke become your life' before I left hospital. And on that one day you were only to recieve presents that give you back horrid memories and will be a constant reminder what do you do? Put on a fake smile and pretend you're extremely happy to of recieved a book on 'how to gain your memory back' 
'Oh thanks, that's urr really kind of you' (wankers I'm not gonna remember anything that's a ctually in the book cause if you remember my brain doesn't actually remember anything anymore)

No comments:

Post a Comment