Saturday 13 December 2014

'Someone has a stroke every three minutes'

So last night was my first chance to give something back to the stroke association, a religious speech for people who wanted to raise money for such an amazing organisation, 
The opening speech hurt more than the main speech I actually did;
'Did you know one person has a stroke every 3minutes, that means by the time I've finished this speech someone you love or care about could of had one'
I literally was so hurt by hearing this, just thinking of how strokes need more awareness and how I'd hate to see even my worst enemy to have one. 
So I had my speech near the start (which helped me get it over and done with) after they played a video of a choir of older ladies & men that have aphasia. Something I'm very lucky to not of gained, the tone of my voice has changed but I can still speak. Some people who have strokes loose all their speech, finding it impossible to read or write. Imagine that was someone you loved, this is what caused my tears, they didn't choose for it to happen, nor did they expect it. 
But because of such an amazing charity, stroke is being promoted and prevented more and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment