Thursday 18 December 2014

The NHS

This is purely a huge thankyou to the NHS 
you saved me when I was 15months old and my kidneys were failing
You also diagnosed me with an illness that not many doctors knew existed when I had severe headaches and sezuires 

Oh and you saved my life when I had a stroke.
Some people who live in poorer countries aren't as lucky as us whom live in England, they'd have to pay to be in hospital and receive any sort of medication, you might of missed my warning signs but I am and was 'too young' to of had a stroke 
If we didn't have the NHS half my family definitely wouldn't be alive anymore, nor would I. The nurses on the stroke ward who sat with me and watched me cry, who hugged me on nights where I'd just want my mum ( don't laugh, I'm sure some of you still cry for your mum) 
The hardest job, would be to watch those who suffer and live in worry, those at any age who can go through life changing experiences, these nurses watch this day in and day out. They give up their nights and weekends to care for the country and for people who need life changing support. You've looked after me since I was a baby and today I just want to thankyou for giving me the most amazing gift- life. For helping me when I needed support and medication to keep me alive on a daily basis. I get so angry when I see people slate the NHS. Just think, you could live in another country and pay for everything from; just having your blood taken, to just sitting in a hospital bed if you were nearly dying 

No comments:

Post a Comment