Thursday 24 August 2017

Attachment..

I am aware my top needs ironing but its very difficult with one arm and I'm currently scared. of the iron..
The bruise is because I walked into a wall before taking this photograph (regular occurrence)


Me and my 'affected limb' (left arm/hand) I guess you could say..
You became the most dominant part of my body when I was 20 years old, changing my life forever and giving me more strength throughout the years..

You probably own the majority of the right side of my brain because you take up so much time!!
( I have too much time on my hands..)
Time to release the upset and hurt you bought with you,

When I suffered my stroke I was asleep therefore I wasn't able to take time getting to know you as a working limb, I mean yeah 20 years is a very long time..

But at that age you're actually still learning,
''Younger brains recover better'' yeah yeah...
look at me?!

I can't feel anything down my left side, when I say anything I mean..
literally, nothing! it's completely numb..

It's literally the coolest thing!
*really Lizzie?*
yes really..

''Oh my god I'm SO sorry!!"
(someone nudges me.. and actually apologises)
''Nope thats fine! I can't feel it''

Sometimes I'll get the occasional stare as if to say
*what?!* because no one can understand how nice it feels to have something touch it..

''You went through a really depressed time didn't you?''
Yes I did and I did self harm on this hand because I just wanted pain, I wanted to feel you..

You're missed even though you're attached to me,

My affected limb hangs across my stomach, some people probably think I'm pregnant and holding a baby bump ( I'm not)...

''Oh what happened to your arm?!"
*bloody hell, here we go!*

''Hmm.. its a LONG story so be prepared! and please don't cry"
I prepare myself for the regular comments, it's like a standard conversation..

''WELL I can't use it, LOOk!"
I grip my wrist and lift the hand.. the hand flops downwards as if it's the Queen waving,
(no pun, my name is Elizabeth) 

the look of confusion,
'oh'
*yeah oh! you're telling me!*

believe it or not, some of these people are nurses, and can I just point out (obviously not with my left hand)
THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO READ MY NOTES!?...
Boost of confidence..


Me and my affected limb, When people see me or meet me, I get so anxious because I hate when people stare.. everyone does!

''Oh I won't take blood from that arm''
*Pleaaaaaaase can you!!* I actually begged a nurse yesterday, mainly to experience the pain..

People treat it as if it's not there, Liam's even admitted he was
 'scared to touch it' now he's so obsessed with it, I tell him to stop touching it.
''Lizzie punch me punch me!''

the concentration on my face when I lift my arm is so funny, sometimes it shakes and wobbles, I just giggle..

I don't hate you for leaving me, I love you for leaving a scar thats made me who I am and given me a purpose to try harder and be a stronger human :)

and I'm sorry for not using you but exercises get so boring!


No comments:

Post a Comment