Saturday 5 August 2017

Step, step..

one step two step three step & more..
You look down at your destination, the bottom.. and your heart kind of sinks into your stomach already full of anxiety from how much confidence it takes to reach the bottom.. you forget you're on your own and simply say
'oh bloody hell, here we go!'
Probably the thing I'm worst at is walking downstairs.. I'm slower than I used to be (post stroke) which is completely normal as my knee is still extremely weak..

I've recently written a blog post about how me and stairs are meeting regularly and I'm slowly gaining the confidence to use them in public, s l o w l y (no pun intended)

I walk down them how children do, one step at a time..
When walking up them I'm the same as anyone! Just because I can't wait to reach the top

Stairs are my worst nightmare!

The rail is my best friend..
(Why do they only have rails on the right hand side!!) especially in hospitals.. and like I commented on before; clubs..

This time I'm not "lucky it was my left side"
Because stairs are out to get me..

You know when you bend your knee and it snaps forwards to the point where you are 100% aiming for a face plant on the floor, that's my left knee!
And then when I'm walking where it hyperextends it's crazy..
however for a stroke survivor this is totally 'normal'
I probably shouldn't but I try to avoid knee strengthening exercises as if I were to fall, I'd land flat on my face (not a pretty sight)
Due to the arm and hand function..

So.. a lot to deal/think about all to work on stairs!!

 (Recovery knowledge and update!) your favourite and only reason you read this blog..

It probably takes me approximately 4 minutes to walk down one flight

No comments:

Post a Comment