Wednesday 9 August 2017

Up and ready..

You learn to make the most of everyday as it comes, as time goes on it slowly hits you that you can't give up..
When I say 'give up' I'm referring to the 'professionals' who assume that you'll be 'giving up on recovery' 'left in a wheelchair' and 'accepting your disability' after your stroke..

Fatigue:
I've always mentioned fatigue, (the dreaded word that every stroke survivor suffers with)
What is it? And what does it mean/do?

In my eyes..
The persistent reminder of your brain healing itself and adapting.. trying to 're-connect' new pathways..
Basically the draining and tiring side affect that hits you everyday hour and minute of the day. The worst thing I do and will always do is to anxiously over think situations and assume I'll 'be tired!' *Lizzie, by 11 you'll be knackered, don't over do it*
But this tires my brain out even more..
OCD brain kicking in..

Before my stroke I think the worst thing was either my possible nephrotic syndrome relapses *yay steroids, yay weight gain and YESSS constant hospital appointments* not..
Or the fact my intracranial hypertension could cause sezuire (undiagnosed) at any point if I was; to tired or stressed. *ALL THE TIME!*
Typical human problems.

Anyway;
When I had my stroke I woke up to realise "worse things can happen, be strong and don't let any form of anxiety you suffered before interfer with your recovery.
*this is your life now*
The fun and apparent never ending recovery..
"Slow and steady wins the race"

Beating fatigue is so difficult and the anxiety after a stroke but like I said;
Life has to go on..
if I could look back and reflect on my 'actions, thoughts and mindset' post stroke..
I'd scream at myself to *STOP STRESSING*

"Stop trying to create unnecessary problems something, it's not going to happen" (to much mean girls)..



No comments:

Post a Comment