Thursday 17 August 2017

It's very abrupt and rude..

something I've actually always been is rude, I can be even worse now which I know that people probably never thought was possible..

When I suffered my stroke I just hated; everyone and everything.
And I've only really just adapted to realising this is because of my brain 're-connecting'. This time NOT in a positive way, I swear, I get aggressive and I get really up-tight, I've always been short tempered..

"Lizzie, you need to read through this sheet of emotions and how to analyse and TRY to understand what's going on in your head.."

I was handed some piece of paper with illustrations and a lot of writing! (exactly like you'd read at school) b o r i n g!
it was most probably found and printed off google.. this was given to me by my neuropsychologist when I left hospital.
I actually still have it (obviously creased and covered in stains/ripped) yes.. I still use it.
Mum always reminds me about it "LIZ, remember the piece of paper Aafke gave you in hospital? Read through it.."
*urgh go away!!*

Yep that's my abrupt brain kicking in.. mum HATES it. Always has and always will because I genuinely think it's something that will never recover,
What's life without a good old moan and groan (and a couple of swear words thrown at randomers who might nudge me).

Today me and mum had an argument in the middle of town (Canterbury) because.. and yes it was my fault *sorry mum..* I always refuse to accept if she's right, most people do this with parents..
I mean, I'm always right!? Duh.

My brain struggles to calm *calm it kermit* ..
even though next to my bed is; the destroyed and google printed sheet along with a 'keep calm and carry on poster' this is for me to attempt to wake up in a 'positive and happy mood'
No arguments, no rude remarks or sly comments, because..
"Lizzie, you can't tell you have a disability, you can't tell what people are thinking so don't assume"

Because I always do..
*oh my god, she's staring, she's looking at me funny..* and so on.

I've taught my brain to ask questions,
"Hello, how are you?"
"I'm really good thanks, you?"
After my stroke I'd literally stand there and just reply, "yeah fine thanks" and walk off.. *rude.*
But no one understood that was my brain injury, like..
Why should I need to know how people are, me me me..
:)

My brains struggling still, three years on.. like I said it probably always will! My family hate this and sometimes so do I..


No comments:

Post a Comment