Monday 28 August 2017

Life on the outside, an interview with Liam..

"Lizzie, I love you of course I'm gonna look after you"
We've been together over two years and engaged since 2015 (new year)..
*too bloody long* as we both joke, but then every couple does..

My mum and step dad obviously 'put up' with my; moaning, start of my recovery and so much more than Liam will ever experience..
But I thought I'd write this post and almost include an 'interview' with the man himself; Liam O'Reilly whom I write about all the time..

 Liam was lucky enough to meet me when I was a bit more 'stable' in my recovery; walking, starting university and understanding my faults a lot more than before..
*The depressed stages of my life*..

"Liam, do you love me?"
Something he sighs at every-time I ask because it's pretty much everyday..
After a stroke you forget to trust, you loose confidence in your body and the idea that someone can accept you for who you've become disappears as those who've read through before this has happened to me more than once..

"How do you cope?"
I wanted to ask Liam how HE copes, we live together and me moaning is a regular occurrence..
*I hate my arm, I hate the fact I can't do this*..
"Lizzie, you're beautiful, you need to stop putting yourself down"
...
"I just need to be there and be strong for you"

I do need help with certain things still and there typical 'one arm struggles' and balance,
The amount of times I've fallen flat onto my face ( not from drinking) but my balance.. and mum would say its because of my stupid splint thats broken :)
*attachment issues*

Liam's saved my life in many ways, seizures can kill you (not to worry anyone) but the whole
swallowing tongue' and crap like that..
My biggest fear when I met Liam was that he'd see me have a 'HUGE' seizure, because there not nice to watch and I get scared he'd not look at me the same..

The first time was difficult, Bang and I'm on the floor (our first holiday)
The first 4 hours were difficult, he looked terrified..

Recently I've experienced a lot of seizures, but everyday I suffer 'absent seizures' where I'll wander round the flat or just phase out of everything, Liam knows now
"Lizzie, calm down.. breath come on, you're fine, you're safe here have some sugar and relax"

I started university when I met Liam as  we both knew this was the best thing for my recovery..
He's supported me as much as he can, I mean when I ask him if he 'likes my design' or stress over support he'll just zone out because I'm *having another moment*

Most people will probably laugh at this but my blogs about honesty and life after a stroke;
My struggles include Liam needing to shave my armpits as its SO hard with one arm..
He sometimes puts my bra on for me because otherwise it gets twisted.

"URGH I can't do it!!!"
*Lizzie, try you can just try again, don't give up..*

Liam's taught me to never give up, never give in and to be strong..
Sometimes I do feel like I need to be for him, but then I remember he feels that way about me..

This is dedicated to the most amazing fiancé who supports me through everything I go through..
So thank you for being so amazing and treating me like a princess..


Here are some pictures, including Liam waiting in hospitals for me to be examined.












No comments:

Post a Comment