Monday 7 August 2017

A summary of balance..

Balance is key to all functional movement..
A story of balance within the brain and how it can affect you after a stroke..

My balance since my stroke is obviously very affected, which like I always state is completely 'normal'.
Everyone trips over or has the little stumble of their feet not lifting quick enough or misjudging if the floor is uneven..

I walk quite fast, infact when I really think about it, too fast!
*slow down and take it easy, there's no need to rush..*
I always prepare myself and give myself enough time (always far to much) to arrive somewhere; appointments, university and obviously everything else..

This is because of my brain overloading, I hate the thought of not being 'on time' when you recover from a stroke (I know in my case)
The hospital care is SO OCD that it's literally impossible to cope with..
I mean, your brains 'reconnecting' and creating new pathways..

The numerous sheets consisting of a 'timetable' scheduled around when you're going to have physio or occupational therapy.. and so on (everyone's recovery is different)

It's like your first day at secondary school..

"Block C- maths" ...

I'm reminiscing on hospital schedules as it's a huge part of why balance is so important.

Balance;
Like I said, I walk too fast at times, I stumble and I do trip.. lucky enough I can sometimes stop myself from falling as my right leg is still strong.
However I'm guessing that balance will always be affected, once again
*another bloody thing to come to terms with*
As a stroke survivor you try so hard to almost push yourself to probably further than your limitations will/would let you go..
I do it :)
*clear run! Let's walk fast.. someone I haven't seen for years is near me! Let's show off..*

Obviously I can't and don't run.. never did and possibly never will.

Balance;
Managing your time & schedule to 'rewire your affected brain'
Back to the annoying OCD hospital schedule and list, I've realised as times carried on that fatigue is only ever going to try and 'beat you' but DONT let it.. fight the fatigue and stand strong. Accept your challenges and focus on sticking to the schedules given to you, this helps with time management in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment