Wednesday 30 August 2017

It's my life..

This is something I have to deal with everyday; I'm not struggling and I'm coping just fine,
People used to say 'oh you're so brave, how do you do it?'
I don't.. I kind of have to? I can't just 'give up' I mean that'd make the 'professionals' who assumed they knew how I'd recover right..

And let's be honest, they couldn't of been more wrong.. *shame on you..*


I deal with 'this' everyday; epilepsy, headaches, paralysis and a different type of walk.. I still get so many stares, mainly at my leg (because you can see my splint) but like I said.. I can't walk without it, I hold my arm as a type of security, to make me feel 'complete' when I don't hold it, it hits people or gets stuck on door frames..
I deal with my kidney 'problem' everyday and have done since I was 'born' but I've learnt how to recognise signs of a relapse and when it's time to 'contact the doctor' who probably is sick of the sight of me..

I guess you could say brain injury life is like 'baby brain' which I've never experienced and won't be anytime soon..

You forget things;
locking doors
Turning things off (which I've never been good at, proof is the burnt holes in my dads old carpet from leaving straighteners on)
Needing support with certain things, I try my hardest but sometimes you NEED that extra 'pair of hands' no pun intended..


I've stopped assuming people are 'out to get me' when I try to open a bottle or something I'll always get the occasional stare and someone offer to help..

The worst thing I get and actually HATE is;
'Oh my god, you're so brave' yeah yeah..
You have no choice, I wouldn't give up, what would I be then? A failure?..
life goes on and my brain is forever connecting, which excites me more than anything like I said
I CAN FEEL IT! ..

No comments:

Post a Comment