Friday 11 August 2017

Epilepsy

"A neurological disorder"

Living with epilepsy brings enormous strain on not just mine but anyone around me..
Especially Liam and my mum..

I think I've written about how it can happen at any time, literally day and night (fortunate enough to of only had them during the day)
When I say *it* I mean sezuires..

It's an attack on your brain caused by electric shock type things (I think)
Mines a result of my stroke but before that I had a few sezuires due to stress and being tired, I also suffer with benign intracranial hypertension which is 'to much pressure in my brain'

*doctors almost 'slang' way of describing your health conditions.*

Ive recently been really ill with my kidneys starting to leak protein again (nephrotic syndrome)..
Which like I think I've said *yay steroids!* but also insomnia to the point of having sezuires..

I don't think I've written a blog post on my epilepsy and I've tried to describe the anxiety behind my sezuires from this post..

The tongue biting
Aching pains from convulsing so much
And the annoying moment your doctor wants to refer you to an epilepsy nurse to alter your medication.
But worst of all, having enough strength to NOT GIVE IN, don't let the anxiety overtake your brain that's already suffering from the shock of epilepsy.


Don't give up and listen to your body when it's telling you to rest and take it easy
(Advice from someone who never has and learnt the hard way)





No comments:

Post a Comment