Thursday 15 January 2015

Don't treat me like I have no feelings

Don't talk to me as if I can easily understand what you're saying, it takes me a while to understand your point
Don't tell me when I'm sad or upset, I know when I am. 

Don't tell me that something I haven't understood is 'common sense' my brain doesn't know what common sense is.. 

Don't call me a cripple and act as if it won't hurt my feelings 

Don't stare at me any different to how you'd stare at your mate who's 'normal' I'm normal too, I'm just slower and confused


Don't tell me that I'll get out of this phase of feeling down, I've been like it for ages and it hasn't changed atall 


Don't ask me to repeat what I've said, it takes me a while to remember what I said in the first place and I talk quiet as my voice takes longer to process louder 

Don't accuse me of ignoring you, I can't just snap out of my daydreams like you could and I'm not ignoring you, I'm thinking about how to respond. 


Don't treat me like a 5year old, I'm still 21 and still have adult feelings, Infact my feelings are a lot stronger than any 'normal' persons. 
I cry easier 
I take things to heart more than you would
I hold onto if something's hurt me longer than you would 
I feel stronger about if someone upsets me more than you would and am more likely to be heartbroken by it
I could cry myself to sleep for weeks even if you told me something that happened years ago, so don't bring up the past and expect me to just move on and forget it. 



Don't tell me when I'm ready to do something, when and if I'm ready, I'll do i, I don't need you to tell me when I'm ready 

Don't talk to me about 'old times' and expect me to remember them like yesterday, I choose what I want to remember and I block out anything that hurt me or upset me. 


I don't need you to tell me how hard your life is or try to make me understand why you're hurt about probably a cold or cough. 

Don't tell me I'm lucky or that I've come so far if you haven't known me long enough to respect what I've been through. 

My brains slower than yours, my brains more damaged than yours my brains struggling with everything and trying to work at the same time, so please respect that I try hard even if I seem to be acting rude or unappreciative. It goes in but just at a slower pace.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment