Monday 5 January 2015

Who's next please?

Okay so I'm not gonna lie but for the first time I braved getting my blood tested on my own. As you sit there waiting for your number to appear, your fingers getting all tense and your brain going into over thinking mode 'what if I faint?' 'Will they know it's common for me it mean there's no point for me to stay in hospital' 
Slightly dreading the number appearing but slightly looking forward to your blood test to just be done and forgotten about 

I have the weirdest journey at Canterbury hospital 
'Hi Lizzie! How you doing?' 
Again I just smile, thinking...
' I don't want to know you but I do.. But I know you wouldn't like me if I hadn't had a stroke' 
The blood lady ( this is my nickname for them) could tell I was so scared she decided to ask what perfume I was wearing as she stuck the needle into my vein, quite a good conversation starter actually. 

I just put my headphones in and walk to the destination I'm expected at; Physio or  pathology if I'm lucky sometimes neurology. Infact that's a lie I hate my neurologist. 
You're stuck in a waiting room surrounded by people that are all thinking the same thing and sharing the same fears as you about getting your blood tested, that's rare.. 
But yet no one starts talking to one another we just swallow our emotions knowing it makes us more scared. 
So here's my turn 
'Who's next please'
And this time, it's me... 


No comments:

Post a Comment