Saturday 10 January 2015

Slow down and reprioritize

It's taken me 11months to come to terms with what my stroke was really based on, 
I spent years trying to be someone I was never going to be, I knew I couldn't go partying till early hours simply because it was damaging my kidneys, I think since Tuesday when I was told that my kidneys are functioning made me properly realise;healths more important than going out and getting smashed. 
I went out far to much and it started at such a young age that I'm surprised I'm not on dialysis to be honest, 

My new life's all about being healthy and looking after myself, no more binge drinking just to fit in, because that's why people do it.. 
You wouldn't go out if no one else did, 
You wouldn't wear skimpy dresses if no one else did.. 
You'd follow the crowd depending on what they wore/did

It's hard to grasp and even harder to actually realise that it's the truth but I believe it's something I should thank my stroke for, leading a healthier lifestyle and staying happy by not taking things for granted; basically everything from walking to just being able to move my leg..

If I could I'd sit my 16 year old self down and just repeatedly stop myself going out and thinking that going out underage was cool because if I knew what I knew now I 100% would of stayed in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment