Thursday 1 January 2015

FAST

F- face 
A- arms
S- speech
T- time (to call 999) 

One of the most important and vital adverts/ life saving words you can hear. 
They say that the longer you leave someone I identified of any of these symptoms, the more of the brain that'll be affected. 
It's hard to identify and realise, I mean; 
You lay on your arm funny and you feel weak 
You try to eat and dribble and you think your mouths wonky
You have a night out and try to speak but your words can get mixed up (from the alcohol) 
I mean I never thought I'd have a stroke, I even laughed about it the day my face did start drooping, 'ha, what if I'm having a stroke' 
Then... Yeah lol, you know. 
The day my arm went numb
'Ha, what would you do if it stopped working' 
Then... Well yeah again. 
'Babe your necks pulsing' 
'Na it's not.. It's fine' 
When actually a blood clot was stuck in my neck probably aiming to travel to my brain even quicker than it did... 
'Chloe, I don't understand the uni work, can you help me' 
Severe pins and needles were rushing through my face down my left side
'Liz are you okay?!' 
Probably thinking (what is wrong with her?) while my face was just dropping Infront of her, so much so that I could feel  my left side failing. 
I remember walking (stumbling) home from uni that day, I thought I was just tired as we'd had a lecture that morning and I had work the day before.. 

That was it, my brain was failing and I didn't even realise till I had the stroke. 
 That's when all your memories of how your body was actually warning you comes back to the point where you just start to hate everyone around you and want to just scream with anger ripping off the sticky pads attached to your body in different places. And the blood pressure thermometer attached to your index finger. But you can't, you're to weak. 
'Just fucking get me out of here take me home' 

So this advert means more than you think and these warning signs can harm you more than you think. Remember you know your body more than you think, 
You feel odd? Don't ignore it. 
You get headaches? Don't ignore them. 
You walk wobbles? Don't ignore it. 
And if you get any of the Fast signs, then please don't ignore them. 

http://www.nhs.uk/actfast/pages/know-the-signs.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment