Saturday 23 September 2017

Equality and discrimination

We seem to live in a world where equality is non existent,

We seem to treat those with disabilities in a different way,
'No sorry, you can't do that..'
*but why? Why can I possibly not TRY and do something for once?*
Because I am disabled?..

(Getting on busses before 9:30)

The other day I was told I wasn't allowed on a bus because my bus pass didn't allow me on before 9:30 as it's a 'disabled persons bus pass' (I pay for this bus pass yearly..)
*you can all have your opinions and comment below but in my eyes I find it wrong*

It might be my brain not understanding how the 'system' works or understanding that someone out there created this really strange (in my eyes) rule..
As I still can't understand sarcasm or the majority of emotions people show; brain injury kicking in...


Equality - the state of being equal.

I'll just
'throw that out there' :)

To those who probably read these and think
'what the f*ck?'


Us as 'brain injury survivors' suffer anxiety from people discriminating and treating us differently from one another, we are ALL equal..

But you know me..

I've been treated differently due to my disability by people I know, people who know can trust me but still find my disability hard to 'understand'.

Disability discrimination:
When you are treated less well because of your disability..

I remember I had a conversation with someone I'd known for YEARS and they simply looked me up and down and commented
*you wouldn't be able to do that, you've had a stroke*

That's the worst kind of discrimination that 'we' struggle with
'You've had a stroke you wouldn't be able to do that'

Don't judge

My brain injury is much worse than my physical disability, that's something that's hidden, hidden under all of this make up and 'front' I feel I need and am forced to put on to try and show you I am NOT weak and I am confident.

Let your confidence shine bright;

Hold your head up and face the crowds of people discriminating against you.. because you're always going to receive criticism, from people you may know and people that you've never met and let's be honest..

Will never see again.
*YAAAAY*

Your comments and criticisms create a stronger person and thankyou ever so much for making me LATE for my appointment, as I wasn't able to get on a bus before 9:30 :)..

No comments:

Post a Comment