Wednesday 27 September 2017

BEEEEEEEEEEEP..

'Please shut up'..

Noises..

Sounds are so difficult to 'deal' with
We all struggle when hearing loud noises and irritating sounds but with a brain injury it's genuinely so painful!

Ambulances - I've spent enough time in them, the sounds of the sirens screeching down roads when someone's in danger, ringing through your ears, leaving the siren a memory as it passes by..
Saving someone's life but damaging my brain, driving me crazy.

Busses - when I wait for my bus, they beep loudly in order to reverse (always makes me jump) it's exactly like a trumpet.. honestly it's so painful to hear, I'm hearing it right now and it just 'grinds my gears'.

Printers -
At university the printers are touch screen to 'set up your printing' beep beep beep.. YES OKAY maybe just have one button that says 'print'.. you can hear this noise even when sitting at a distance, why does the whole library need to know someone's using the printers?..

Sipping - we all find this annoying, but listening (hearing) someone sipping a drink is so annoying.

Keyboards - TAP TAP TAP.. please stop, I can just hear you tapping away writing your essay or texting.. it's a tapping that is constant, slows down and speeds up which is so hard for my brain to 'take in' because as you're typing I'm trying to process not screaming in your face and the fact that speed is changing non stop (brain overload)...

The right side of my brain was affected which affects your 'emotions' and I get angry over anything if everything which I've mentioned before...

I struggle with 'loud noises' it's SO stressful, I know that might seem odd but it's just my brain injury 'kicking in'..

There are many more sounds that 'p*ss me off' but as I was out for the day I 'noted down' some sounds I'd heard that really annoyed me (listed above) and there are many more..

Leaving a ringing sound in your ears, rushing through my head leaving a 'swishing' noise (not a headache, worse!) a constant ringing..
'Beeeeeeeeeeeep' *high pitched ringing noise*

Before my stroke I would shout at my stepdad for sipping his tea (not gonna lie, it was SO annoying!)  but this aggression is worse now, I try to keep the anger in, holding in my anger *lizzie, read the stupid headway sheet about anger and brain injuries you have*..
no? Okay, why?
"It's to much to read and take in!"
(Brain injuries and reading)...


You grind your teeth together and push down, I've cracked my phone screen from putting my phone in my mouth and hearing a loud noise.. my teeth were biting so hard

(phone is recovering..)


No comments:

Post a Comment