Friday 8 September 2017

lets go shopping!

everyone loves shopping..
when they have money (window shopping bores me)

I've never done a blog post on shopping and how managing to buy stuff or even rummage through clothes rails,  I don't try clothes on because it takes forever with my disability and I'd get too fatigued to buy the clothes or carry on shopping..
I try to and try to stop myself spending ridiculous amounts of money on stuff I really don't need.. (this is my brain injury kicking in, before you start saying) 
''yeah but I do that, its 'normal?!'.. 


''Do you need any help?''
*the patronising and really confused look from the shop assistant appears*..

You just KNOW their scanning your body up and down trying to 'figure out' what the 'story is' because thats it.. you're a story..
it's always when I ask for a bag..

''Excuse me''
Once I was shopping in boots - Canterbury and obviously needed a bag..
''Excuse me, please could I have a bag?'' because for some reason they don't have them on the scanning rails (then sigh when you ask for one) Some people refuse to get me one, this is when I decide my arm NEEDS to be shown..
I need a lot of help when putting things into plastic bags, obviously the one arm/hand situation kicks in.. I mean,
You try opening a bag with one hand..

The Patronising look 
Do you need any help? Are you Okay? Are you alright? 
URGH YES I AM FINE! 
It's the same woman every-time I go into the shop, which annoys me because I hate feeling patronised..

The Technique
I do this thing where I grip the handle and slam it downwards so air enters the bag and it opens (this also draws a lot of attention to me as it's loud).


''Could you put them in the bag for me please?''
In the art shop that i'm a regular customer in, I let my arm 'release' which means hang downwards and sometimes bends slightly *the punching position*  I do ask for help, when I'm paying for stuff as I know they can help me and it makes life easier, Also the que of people behind me won't moan.

''Hopefully this works!''
I forget my PIN number, even though its been the same since I was 15. I do explain sometimes, ''I have a really bad memory, I'm sorry.. hopefully this is the right one''.. I get an odd look from the shop assistant as they don't know how to respond. then I smile..
:)

The anger 
I have a 'resting bitch face' that I tend to use quite a lot when shopping and walking, this isn't a good thing as it causes a lot of agro and makes me look really rude, Ive only just started saying 'excuse me' and not pushing past people, when they're walking REEEALLY slow. I like to just get shopping over and done with.



No comments:

Post a Comment