Sunday 3 September 2017

"is she drunk?!"


Can I just say ONE thing to anyone who's witnessing a person having a seizure..
Staring at them and asking if their drunk is really rude and insulting..

Yesterday ( September 2nd) at 7pm I had a 'mini seizure' that was controlled and I was 'helped' out of by Liam & his friends (thank you)...

It was at a racing track on some chairs, this was at a place I'd never been before, therefore after a stressful week of seizures anyway I was stressed and anxious about going.. (when you have epilepsy anxiety is a huge thing)...

I guess you could say I 'awoke' to a really ignorant and no offence very  overweight lady and her husband, staring at me as if I was some kind of alien...
"IS SHE DRUNK?" 
"WHATS WRONG WITH HER?"
Yes I am recovering from my brain over reacting and possibly failing slowly, therefore I do NOT need some random assuming I'm possessed or treating me like a 'disease'..

I mean, I refuse to watch 'the exorcism of Emily Rose' as I do get reminded of my seizures & how I assume they look..

They aren't nice, but there is nothing I can physically do to; stop or treat them other than take my medication regularly (which I do)..

Not a nice image but something I feel needed to be included..
( The Exorcism of Emily Rose -2005)

Something I also have experienced is at university a learning support assistant actually telling me they'd ''poke someone having a seizure because they wouldn't know what to do''
I think I've explained in my blog posts before and recently that when you're around people in general regardless of if you know them, and you suffer with epilepsy (any type) you get severe anxiety about if they would 'look after you' or check you were 'safe'..

So far since my 'relapse of Nephrotic Syndrome' I have had One glass of Malibu and coke as I don't want my seizures to carry on.. 


I am Still smiling and still 'keeping calm'

Yesterday before the visit to the 'racing track



Another quote I find positive & is very true..


I aim to raise awareness in living with  epilepsy as well as my other health conditions as I feel it's a serious 'illness' that clearly people clearly need more knowledge about :) 

And to the lady at the tracks yesterday I was not drunk, I am not possessed and your 'comments' will haunt me forever as you are a rude and ignorant stranger..







No comments:

Post a Comment